March 31, 2011

Sugar Flowers - 31/3/11

As the last cake hasn't been eaten yet, I decided to try out some more sugar flowers. Most of these flowers were made following or adapting instructions from Sugarcraft Flowers by Claire Webb. (Some of the instruction pages can be found on the 'look inside' previews of the book's Amazon page.)

First of all, I tried some 'pulled flowers'. These are made without cutters, and are shaped just using cocktail stick, fingers  and a knife to cut the petals. They are quite small so slightly fiddly to shape but quite simple as filler flowers or to represent small flowers such as violas or primroses.

Three 'pulled flowers' drying on an egg box.
The centres are made of pins which also attach them to the egg box.
A 'pulled' daffodil drying on an upturned egg cup.
I spent too long fiddling with this and the petals went funny.
_________________________

This is a small spray carnation. it's quite simple, just three small flower shapes folded and glued to the stamens in the centre.

Carnation drying on a cutter.
Carnation in my hand to show it from a different angle.

Finally, I made a calla lily in the same way as the purple ones I've made previously. This is slightly smaller than the last ones and turned out a bit better:
Calla lily drying in a jug.


I also made some freesias, but they're not joined together so I haven't taken any pictures of those yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wowww!! Beautiful!!! Hats off to the creativity that has been used to make it!!
    Garden sculptures

    ReplyDelete