February 15, 2011

More practice - 1/2/11

To make my practising more interesting, these are chocolate cakes. They don't have marzipan on, just a layer of sugarpaste, which got a some chocolatey crumbs mixed up in it. Perhaps next time I should do two layers of sugarpaste if i don't do marzipan.

A different shaped leaf this time to the ivy leaves.Instead of round rope,
I twisted flat strips to make an interesting texture with less work than the twisted rope!
The same cake, from a different angle.
You can see the join on the corner of the cake which annoys me a little.

The second cake has red icing this time, for a change from blue. This came out a bit better as the icing was thicker.

Twisted rope around the base, and twisted flat strips for the sides.
A long leaf this time for variation.

The next post I'll start on sugarpaste flowers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment