September 04, 2011

Baking wedding cake - august/sept 2011

I decided not to bake the cakes until I was in the correct country, so I didn't have to transport cakes as well as everything else. This did mean that I had to bring my cake tin (luckily it folds flat. See this post), my scales and several other things as well as all my icing things! I did manage to forget a mixing bowl though (fatal error), so I had to buy some cheap ones along with the ingredients.
The top and bottom layers are fruit, so I baked those a couple of weeks ago when I first got here. They are 6 and 10 inches square. The middle layer is 8 inches square madeira cake, and that was baked yesterday, so tomorrow I am going to add marzipan and then icing.
Apologies for the lack of pictures, I don't have a digital camera here so you'll just have to see pictures of the finished cake when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment